Tuesday, June 1, 2010

T..T..Today Junior!

Soooooo..............Isn't it June 1st?!? Where's my baby? Oh, ya.....right where it's been for the last 9 MONTHS!!!!! We are just so anxious to meet our little baby. And, to be honest, I'm ready to see my toes and not have to gain momentum just to sit up! Everything we can think of is ready for the little tot. We're just waiting on the BABY part! I have an appointment this afternoon, so HOPEFULLY we get some good news. The only thing is that my doc won't induce me unless I'm 2 weeks overdue OR if they detect a potential problem happening before my 2 weeks overdue is up. I think they should have told me my due date was June 14th instead of June 1st! This baby is just too comfortable to come out!


I've always wondered what makes labor actually start....It's not like your brain tells your muscles to start contracting and dilating. I've come to the conclusion that it must be one of two things (both of which haven't happened to me yet, so that MUST be why the baby hasn't come out yet!)
Theory #1: There's a clock that the baby holds onto (kinda like a kitchen timer)....tick, tick, tick, tick,........all throughout the pregnancy, the baby just hangs out with it's little pal clock.....tick, tick, tick, tick. Then DING, the 'bun in the oven' is done cooking....here it comes!
Theory #2 The baby gives one good SONIC ELBOW to the uterus and wins the fight by TKO. Your muscles start to contract back cuz it knows it has lost the fight. Baby comes to claim it's heavyweight championship belt and to be spoiled by all it's adoring fans!

Even though it would make mommy and daddy proud to see our child become UFC champion, I don't know if I feel so comfortable with my theory number 2....seems a little painful, but STILL, if that's the way it wants to come, fine by me! JUST GET HERE ALREADY!!!!!!

Love and miss everyone! I'll let you know which theory is correct, so that all you other mothers can be more prepared on how and when to expect your little one!

4 comments:

the h fam. said...

oh my gosh!! good luck girl!! that's crazy he won't start you until you're two weeks late!
ok so my mom heard from a co-worker about this spaghetti and egg plant recipe that induces labor, i tried it and no lie my contractions started a couple of hours later and i had taytum a few days later! so email me hobley.rachael@gmail.com if you want the recipe!! :) it may have been a huge coincidence, but it's worth a try and it was tasty!

Kristi said...

Oh I don't envy you one bit! Being 9 full months prego is very uncomfortable. Can't wait to meet the new little Toone! Keep in Touch!

scott and linds said...

You poor thing!- your due date is here and baby is still in there with hiccups I'm sure! Not fair! Well I do think the little one will be here soon but I think you get the championship belt for sticking it out till the LAST possible round! Good luck! Can't wait for the little one to be here- for your sanity of course. Congrats!

The Henkel Family said...

Oh Stacy I miss you! You are just too funny! I think i vote for theory #2 at least that's what my experience felt like! Hopefuly it was a little more like theory #1 for you though! Chad showed me the pic of the little doll baby girl that you had! She is so cute and I'm super glad to hear that you are both doing well! We need to chat again when you're all settled in to your new addition! I wanna hear how it all went! Miss you guys! Love ya,
Crystal