Monday, January 18, 2010

Long time, no blog! I know, I haven't updated anyone in a LONG time...but here goes...the last 4 ish months! P.S. I have tried on 5 separate occasions to upload pictures, but for whatever reason I can't....I don't know what's going on and I don't have the patience to try and figure it out right now! sorry! maybe next time i'll have more pictures.


UPDATES since September:

-Still prego and feeling well. I finally went and bought some new clothes that actually fit! Every week I find new things that don't fit anymore and I have to throw them in the back of the closet or drawer so I don't keep trying them on, just hoping they might still fit! Right now my favorite piece of clothing is the belly band. Basically a big tube top for your belly! It helps so much so I can still wear my normal jeans and slacks, but I don't have to zip or button them. I don't know how much longer it will keep my pants from falling down, but for now it's working great! Here are just a couple prego pics. What I'm doing is wearing the same thing and taking a picture in the same place ever so often...the only thing that changes is the season and my expanding belly!

-We went out to eat and to see Marry Poppins on broadway for my birthday...I got food poisoning and slept more in the bathroom than I did in my own bed. Sad story, I know! But I felt MUCH better the next day!

-We went to the thanksgiving day parade at 5:00 am to get a good spot. It was so fun and we had a great view the whole time! Later that day we made the biggest Thanksgiving dinner just for the two of us. It was SO fun, but we had SO many leftovers after!

-My parents came to visit us in NY for about a week and we dragged them all over the city! We took them to the Christmas Spectacular, they saw Wicked while we saw Shrek, we went to central park, the museum of natural history, china town, walked the brooklyn bridge, went to st. john the divine, ate at our favorite places in nyc, saw the rockafeller center tree, and on and on...my legs were sooooo sore from walking so much! We had a blast and LOVED seeing my parents!

-We bought and set up our christmas tree the day after thanksgiving because we were so excited to decorate...sadly, the tree died at least a week before christmas. It was so brown, and probably a fire hazard! We cooked a ham for the first time and it turned out SOOO good! You can't really mess up a ham, but we were still proud of ourselves all the same! Christmas was so fun. In my family, it's a tradition to eat a big breakfast after we open presents, and in Hanks family, it's a tradition to eat a big early dinner....so we did both with an long nap in between!

-I made a couple more crochet projects. One for a little girl named Kajsia in my ward, and a hat for a friend of mine. Fun times!

4 comments:

the h fam. said...

yay you finally posted!! i've been waitin for a baby and nyc update! sounds like you guys are having so much fun! and i really wish you could figure out how to post a pic cuz i really want to see your baby bump! i agree those bella bands were my FAVORITE! they should keep your pants up through the whole pregnancy, they did for me anyways. miss you!!

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

Can I just tell you how much I love you and HOW MUCH I am grateful for everything you did for my wedding!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! I'm so excited about baby-- is it a boy or girl??

Rosie Boren said...

hello we miss you

Kristi said...

So glad to hear that all is good. Except the food poisening that sucks. We miss you guys. ( If you change your mind and decide to find out what you are having you better call! We can't wait to find out.)